Drop-off & Pick-up Directions
In an effort to keep your children safe and in order to provide an efficient dismissal time, it is important that we follow Bow Lake’s dismissal and parking lot procedures. See the parking lot dismissal map.
Car Pick Up
If you pick up your child in the "fire zone," please follow these steps:
- Enter the designated entrance off of 42nd Ave S, pull forward, and stay in your lane.
- Remain in your car and continue to pull forward until you reach the front of the line just behind the car pick-up area.
- When prompted by staff, pull into one of the designated pick up spots. Staff will help your student board your car on the curb side only. Students will not be permitted to board outside the designated car pick-up area.
- If your child is not ready to board at the correct time, you will be asked to exit the parking lot, turn left, and rejoin the end of the line.
- Once you have your child, merge carefully towards the exit and get in the left or right turn lane to exit.
On-Foot Pick Up
If you pick up your children on foot, please meet them at the north door, next to the SeaTac Camps Program. Middle and high school students also need to pick up younger siblings at this entrance. While waiting, please remain in the circle area on the northeast corner of the campus and follow Bow Lake expectations. Please wait outside the building to avoid hallway congestion.
Parking & Entering Building
If you have an appointment with a staff member or need to visit the office, please park in the back parking lot off of South 182nd Street. For student safety, the back parking lot will be unavailable for student pick up. The bus zone, the front parking lot, and the side parking lots will be closed to cars during dismissal.
Please communicate with your child about where you will be meeting them. Please inform our office staff about changes to child pick-up routines prior to 2:40 p.m. (1:10 p.m. on Friday). Also, because students and teachers will be in the middle of dismissal routines, the office will be unable to handle early dismissal requests after 2:45 p.m. (1:30 p.m. on Friday).
Bow Lake staff will be strictly enforcing our dismissal system. Thank you for your cooperation in making dismissal safe and quick. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact me or the assistant principal.